To champion the fight against poverty and inequality enabling people to take control of their lives.
Marketing and Communications Intern
2-4 days per week for 4-6 months (flexible)
Travel expenses paid
Established in 1999 Raise is an advice service that supports clients within their own home with welfare benefits, debt and financial capability advice at a specialist level. This is an opportunity to support the delivery our training services in Liverpool. In order to achieve this we need a highly motivated Marketing & Communications intern who is organised with excellent communication and organisational skills, to help us deliver an excellent welfare rights training to our housing association partners.
The marketing intern will work closely with the Chief Executive and with the support of our housing association partners marketing teams to implement a communications plan that will raise the profile of Raise, promote out training services.
To be considered for this role you must have excellent communication skills, strong administrative and organisational skills, and the ability to communicate and build relationships with a wide range of people. Relevant qualifications and/or work experience would be an advantage.
Closing date: 7 June 2019
Interviews will be held: 13 June 2019
Download the following information:
Volunteering at Raise aims to prepare you for a career in advice
We have opportunities in Welfare benefits and financial capability areas and offer the chance to build real skills that will prove valuable in building a career.
Our volunteers can opt to take up to a 12 month Volunteer Adviser Placement. This includes a commitment from us to provide you with training that will give you the practical skills, knowledge and experience to help clients deal with complex issues.
RAISE welcomes volunteers from all walks of life. For a minimum of one day a week commitment from a volunteer, RAISE will offer a chance to develop skills in one or more of the following roles:
Welfare Benefit Adviser Volunteer Placement role
This program includes full training that continues throughout the placement and allows you to independently advise Raise clients on home visits.
- Shadow experienced staff and see how they do the job
- Use our own training materials and work with our experienced volunteer trainer to increase your knowledge
- Learn how to complete forms and use online tools e.g. the Quick Benefits Calculator
- Learn how to complete a full assessment of each household you visit and make sure they are able to access all the Raise services they need
- Learn how to challenge decisions and represent clients at benefit tribunals
- Have the opportunity to complete an NVQ Level 3 in Advice and Guidance
- Learn how to manage your own caseload, giving you valuable experience that could be helpful when applying for employment in the advice field
You could also volunteer in other roles including…
- Financial Capability volunteer
- IT technician
- Trustee Board Member
If you are interested in volunteering or would like any more information about volunteering at Raise, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Theresa Larkins, at email@example.com or ring 0151 482 2475