Volunteering at Raise aims to prepare you for a career in advice
We have opportunities in Welfare benefits and financial capability areas and offer the chance to build real skills that will prove valuable in building a career.
Our volunteers can opt to take up to a 12 month Volunteer Adviser Placement. This includes a commitment from us to provide you with training that will give you the practical skills, knowledge and experience to help clients deal with complex issues.
RAISE welcomes volunteers from all walks of life. For a minimum of one day a week commitment from a volunteer, RAISE will offer a chance to develop skills in one or more of the following roles:
Welfare Benefit Adviser Volunteer Placement role
This program includes full training that continues throughout the placement and allows you to independently advise Raise clients on home visits.
- Shadow experienced staff and see how they do the job
- Use our own training materials and work with our experienced volunteer trainer to increase your knowledge
- Learn how to complete forms and use online tools e.g. the Quick Benefits Calculator
- Learn how to complete a full assessment of each household you visit and make sure they are able to access all the Raise services they need
- Learn how to challenge decisions and represent clients at benefit tribunals
- Have the opportunity to complete an NVQ Level 3 in Advice and Guidance
- Learn how to manage your own caseload, giving you valuable experience that could be helpful when applying for employment in the advice field
You could also volunteer in other roles including…
- Financial Capability volunteer
- IT technician
- Trustee Board Member
If you are interested in volunteering or would like any more information about volunteering at Raise, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Theresa Larkins, at firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 0151 482 2475