If you want to find out more about your advice issue, or want to find resources you can use to help yourself, here are some useful links
- You can use Online Benefit Calculators to work out what benefits you might be entitled to. All of these depend on you giving the right information and should be used for guidance only. If you are not sure about the results, speak to a trained adviser to find out more.
- The Disability Rights website is a very useful source of information about all types of benefits – including the latest rates of benefit, the law governing benefits, what you should claim, a very useful list of factsheets, and a timetable of forthcoming benefit changes.
- The AgeUK website has a money matters section covering benefits, tax, savings/debts, pensions
- The Citizens Advice online ‘Advice Guide’ covers a very wide range of topics including not just benefits and money issues but also employment rights, family, health, education, consumer affairs and civil rights.
- The Money Advice Service website is extremely helpful for a wide range of money issues and includes an online financial ‘Health Check’ that you can try yourself.
- Money Saving Expert is full of information about the best financial deals available from credit cards to fuel to travel to insurance
- The government has its own website covering all types of benefits available.
- The MerseyMoney website has details for any credit unions covering your work or home addresses, just by entering your postcode
- Use the following link to find a Quality Assured advice agency: AQS advice providers